.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Geronimo

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Security leaks

Why blame the media for security leaks? The persons who are entrusted to safeguard sensitive information are the real culprits..These folks are cleared for secret and should be dealt with accordingly. The penalty for disclosing secret information is spelled out in the regulations which all persons who hold secret clearances must sign..It is a mystery to me that some folks seem to think that secrets are ok to disclose if you are doing it for political purposes..The government is remiss for not prosecuting those folks to the full extent of the law and serving notice that secrets are meant to be kept under wraps. The media cannot print what they don't know and that is the way it should be..I had secret clearences for years while working for the Navy, Air Force and the Army as a civilian and I would not dare tell anyone anything, Especially the Media..

2 Comments:

  • On the News today Dick Durban and two other congressmen were diciplined for divulging secrets..I would like to know if they were allowed to keep their security clearances, and if so, Why?

    By Blogger Howard, at March 06, 2006 4:25 PM  

  • My thoughts also. If I had divulgedclassified data when I was on active duty--or even now for that matter--I would be in the slammer for a long long time. The civilians in Washington get a slap on the wrist and go to work for a lobbiest

    By Blogger GUYK, at March 07, 2006 3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home