.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Geronimo

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Iran

I just had to get this off my chest since the election in Iran..They comitted an unanswered act of war when they held our embassy hostage for over 400 days..I think they are about ready to do some more dirty work with probably the same response from the US. We can't expect any help from the rest of the world as they are already in bed with the arab street or fear the arabs they have in their own countries. If we wait too long again, we may suffer damage to our country that will make 9\11 look like a sunday school picnic..We've had to fight wars on our own soil before, but no one alive today would know first hand..may we never have to do so again. I don't really believe in luck, but somehow we have escaped having our country ravaged by military conflict..THAT'S BECAUSE WE'RE WILLING TO FIGHT TO DEFEND IT..

4 Comments:

  • Being a democrat doesn't effect my eyes and ears!!

    By Blogger Howard, at July 04, 2005 5:09 AM  

  • My country comes first and I have reason to believe we are in perilous times..We are being too receptive to people who don't believe as we do. Remember the Sgt who fragged his commanding officers tent in Quwait? He was a good paratrooping soldier until he had to make a decision and he chose to be faithful to his Muslim belief..How really faithful are the many strangers in our midst? Time may tell..

    By Blogger Howard, at July 04, 2005 7:18 AM  

  • Re: Your comment on my blog:

    Your talk here of loyalty strikes me as nascent xenophobia, the kind that leads to exclusionary laws, religious persecution, horror, etc.

    Regarding my not living in the South, I live in New Haven, a city too full of squalor and unrest to be a viable terror target, despite the presence of America's President's University.

    Answering threats with preemptive strikes seems a lot like the actions of a certain Empire regarding Barbarians to the north long ago...

    By Blogger Nostradamus, at July 04, 2005 11:07 AM  

  • Nostradamus: I wonder if you believe in the quatranes of the individual you have chosen for your Blog?

    By Blogger Howard, at July 06, 2005 6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home