.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Geronimo

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Pet Peeve

I have a long running pet peeve and I'm sure many more of you have the same one..REBATES!!I am fed up to here with those pesky things..Not only are they a nuisance, but many times you don't get one back because of some trumped up excuse. Wrong date Time limit expired No such company all kinds of lamebrain excusses..I've just about decided to avoid buying any thing that mentions a rebate..I know I may be limited on what I can buy, but It has to stop somewhere..Join me if you care to...

2 Comments:

  • I'm with you on this too. In fact I stopped my buying habits a few years back. Save the receipt, have the UPC code, and send us your first born. And I say save your time and save your stamp and to heck with the rebate you won't get anyway.

    By Blogger Joan, at March 28, 2005 4:50 AM  

  • When the rebate craze started an article came out in one of the business journals that quoted some CEO's and CFO's as saying (essentially) that the "rebates" were the easiest way to increase their profit margin.

    They create the illusion of a discounted price thereby keeping the inflated price in place. Also, they had it broken down in terms of percentages for: who wouldn't lose the rebate card; who would actually fill it out; who would then send it; and who would follow up on it. The last one is interesting because they had 3 follow-ups. Read between the not-so-subtle lines and you'll find that that means they won't refund anything until after the customer has followed up repeatedly.

    Naturally, not all companies act this way but enough do that when a rebate comes with a product, I demand the price be reduced right on the spot or that the store make up for it some other way (reduce price further on floor model, etc). It doesn't always work but then again, it doesn't hurt to ask.

    By Blogger AmeriPundit, at March 31, 2005 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home